This high fibre meal will provide you with vegetables to help you achieve the recommended 5 portions per day. The beans count towards this too, and are a great source of protein to keep you feeling full up and to support your body post CARiFiT workout. It is a great one to batch cook and pop a tub in the freezer to keep for a good nutritious meal on one of those chaos days!!!
1 onion, 1 red pepper, 1 tablespoons olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, 2 tsp of chilli powder, 1 vegetable stock cube, 400g can of kidney beans, 400g can of mixed beans, small can of sweetcorn, 400g can of chopped tomatoes, 3 tbsp tomato puree
1. Peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
2. Cut the top off the pepper, and remove the seeds. Chop the pepper into small chunks.
3. In a large saucepan heat the oil, and gently fry the onion and pepper over a medium heat.
4. Crush and add the garlic, and the chilli pepper to the pan and cook for one minute to release the flavours.
5. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 300ml (1/2 pint) of boiling water.
6. Add the stock, tomatoes and tomato puree to the pan. Heat until the mixture boils, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, with the lid on.
7. Add the red kidney beans, sweetcorn and mixed beans to the saucepan and simmer without the lid for 15 minutes.
8. Serve with boiled rice and maybe a toasted tortilla.
Get more delicious recipes on your own home workout plan with CARiFiT online